December 18, 2017
Christmas day is quickly approaching, but there’s still plenty of time to get out and enjoy the holiday festivities. And there’s no better way to do that than with some of the best Christmas light shows north of Atlanta. Grab the kids, hop in the car, and take a trip to visit one of these holiday destinations to see familiar landscapes transformed into wintry scenes filled with millions of dazzling lights!
Holiday Season Garden Tours
Visit Barnsley Resort in Adairsville, GA for their Holiday Season Garden Tours. Through December 31st, take a self-guided tour through the historic manor house ruins and its surrounding area are adorned with over one million lights and festive decor. If you plan your visit for December 23, you can also take advantage of their Family Fun Day, where the kids can enjoy an afternoon of activities including:
- Decorating Christmas cookies.
- Making in festive arts and crafts.
- Encountering barnyard animals.
Magical Nights of Lights
For the past 25 years, LanierWorld in Buford, GA has hosted one of the state’s best holiday light shows. This year’s Magical Nights of Lights drive-through light show features the return of the fan-favorite ‘12 Days of Christmas’ display. The show features more than 7 miles filled with millions of lights, including a new 65-foot illuminated Christmas tree. After your journey through the lights, head to the Holiday Village to experience a vast array of holiday activities such as:
- Having a blast on 16 different carnival rides, including a brightly lit ferris wheel.
- Indulging in holiday treats from hot chocolate to roasted marshmallows and smores.
- Shopping for one-of-a-kind holiday gifts at Bucky’s Gift Shop.
- Meeting St. Nick himself at Santa’s Workshop.
Holiday Lights of Hope
The Holiday Lights of Hope display is held each year in Woodstock, GA, benefiting the Anna Crawford Children’s Center. Open through December 23rd, your family can enjoy a wide range of activities including:
- View a spectacular display of more than 1 million LED Christmas lights at Georgia Power Lights of Hope display.
- Navigate your way through a wintry maze of more than 500 feet of Christmas lights in Chick-fil-A’s Christmas Maze.
- Visit Santa’s Village for Home Depot’s children’s workshop, children’s crafts and activities, vendors, and Santa himself!
- Take a walk through rows of trees decorated by local families and businesses in the Christmas Forest.
- Watch live Musical Performances.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
As you’re out enjoying all of the holiday festivities around the area this time of year, be sure to take a moment to visit one of our communities in North Georgia. From our family at Sharp Residential to yours, we wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!